Homeowners Guide: How Do You Estimate Your Home Value?
When you put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price or your estimated home value is to look at comparable sales. There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing decision often relies on comparisons to several recent sales in the area. Here are five criteria to look for in a sales comparison.
Location: Homes in the same neighborhood typically follow the same market trends. Comparing your home value to another in the same neighborhood is a good start, but comparing it to homes on the same street or block is even better.
Features and upgrades: Remodeled bathrooms and kitchens can raise a home’s price, and so can less flashy upgrades like a new roof or HVAC system. Be sure to look for similar bells and whistles.
Sale types: Homes that are sold as short sales or foreclosures are often in distress or sold at a lower price than they’d receive from a more typical sale. These homes are not as useful for comparisons.
1. “The major fortunes in America have been made in land.” – John D. Rockefeller
2. “Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate.” – Andrew Carnegie
3. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffett
4. “He is not a full man who does not own a piece of land.” – Hebrew Proverb 5. “Whatever you want go all in and dominate (real estate), learn it, eat it, sleep it, breath it and believe it.” – Grant Cardone
As a happy student of life, Huy has discovered that life is a series of very interesting courses where he can’t just simply learn from books or schools. Fortunately, every person that he meets and every incident that he faces truly give him tremendous valuable lessons. The most important aspect of being a student of life is that he learns things with a great intention: to improve himself every day.
With a strong background in finance and business, Huy will share with you great lessons that he has learned over the years. Let’s share our knowledge so we will learn from each other!
Subscribe to THE KING OF CASHFLOW to learn Finance to Achieve Financial Freedom at www.han247.com.
Welcome to AskHuy.com – MY REAL ESTATE BLOG
Also, I want to share with you on my real estate website: www.askhuy.com. My website will help you figure out the estimated valued of your home as of today by simply typing your home address along with your name and email. And the best part is that you can always let me know if you have any real estate needs.
Particularly, Huy provides three main services to his clients:
1. Free estimates of your homes without any payment obligations 2. Free consultation on how to list your homes for sale. 3. Free consultation on how to buy your first homes and obtain a pre-approval letter. Let’s get connected to help me help you determine the right solution for your real estate needs.